NOMINATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
You can nominate yourself or someone you know for this role. All eligible nominations will be taken forward and the successful freelancer will be selected at random. If you’re nominating someone else, we will contact them before selection to ask if they’re happy for their application to go forward. You do not need to have a previous relationship with Bristol Old Vic to be considered.
In direct consultation with our independent community of makers, we aimed to design a transparent selection process that is as open and objective as possible while also ensuring that it serves to bridge some of the gaps in representation across the Task Force as a whole. Therefore we are particularly interested in hearing from individuals who are:
- Based anywhere in the South West.
- Under 25
- Underrepresented within the creative industries, including but not limited to trans, non binary, people of colour, D/deaf, Disabled or neurodiverse candidates, and those from low socio-economic backgrounds.
- Falling through the gaps of current financial support from the Government and wider sector
We welcome nominations from freelancers working in the performing arts in whatever capacity, both on and off stage.
HERE'S HOW WE’LL DETERMINE WHICH APPLICATIONS TO TAKE FORWARD TO THE RANDOM SELECTION
We will check applications against the below eligibility questions. We will draw the group for random selection from the applications that have the most ‘yes’ responses. Each application will be checked by 2 individuals to ensure consistency in approach. Please do still apply even if you feel you only fit some of the below questions and would like to be considered, the questions below are only intended to ensure that we prioritise candidates based on ensuring meaningful representation within the Task Force group as a whole, as well as suitability for the role.
- Is the nomination clear about why their nominated individual would be a strong representative in this role?
- Is it clear what the nominated individual could bring to the role in terms of relevant experience and skills?
- Is it clear that the nominated individual can represent for others as well as themselves?
- Is it clear the nominated individual is passionate about creating long-term meaningful change and better representation within the sector
- Is the nominated individual from a group currently under-represented on the Freelance Task Force, either regionally or nationally?
- Is the nominated individual currently falling through the gaps of government & sector support?
If you are happier submitting a video or audio recording for your nomination, there is an option to do this within the above form.
If you require this application/call out in a more accessible format please contact Ben Atterbury here.