What you'll need:
- Lots of imagination!
Theatre is all about teamwork, so you’ll need to grab someone else to play with you. Put your heads together, get creative and make the strangest monster you can!
How to play:
- Grab a pen and a piece of paper for each player.
- Each player draws a head of a monster at the top of their paper.
- Fold this section of paper over to the base of the neck, making sure a tiny bit is still showing, and pass the folded piece of paper to another player.
- Draw the body and arms of a monster. Maybe they have wings too?
- Fold this section down and pass to another player.
- Draw the legs and/or tail of a monster.
- Fold this section and pass to another player.
- Draw the feet or claws of a creature.
- You should now be left with a piece of paper which has been folded 4 times. Take turns to unfold them and reveal the monsters you’ve created.
- Finally, decide on some names for your monsters. You might want to create a backstory for them too.
Mix it up: You can also create a brand-new creature for our stage by swapping your pens and paper for playdough.
Theatre designers don’t just create their ideas on paper. They also make 3D scale models of characters, sets and scenery. This gives a much better sense of what a production will look like. Dig out the playdough and get started in creating your monsters! Click here to download instructions on how to make your own playdough.
You can make other characters too. Keep going and soon you’ll have an entire cast of characters to build a story around.