Terms & Conditions
These are the full terms and conditions for Open Stage Online:
1. Permitted content
- We want this to be a platform for anybody to showcase their creativity, from the highly seasoned content creator to the absolute newcomer.
- Any submitted content obviously made for direct commercial gain (adverts, company promos, professional tech demos, etc) will not be permitted on Open Stage Online.
- If your content isn’t made for direct commercial gain but is a plug for commercially supporting you, we reserve the right to remove or alter any commercial calls to action included in your content (calls to sponsor on Patreon, or directly fund you, for example). Any amendment of your content for this reason would be done with your prior permission.
- The choice to include your content or not on Open Stage Online is at the discretion of the Bristol Old Vic At Home team.
- Content likely to not be found permissible on Open Stage Online: content that is unduly offensive or explicit; that includes real violence or pornography; that includes discriminatory or hateful language; is highly politically incendiary or divisive; contains content that may be judged illegal or promoting illegality; contains copyrighted material.
- We want to allow as much free expression as possible on Open Stage Online therefore if your content contains swearing, scenes of a sexual nature (not pornography) and performed violence, that is deemed necessary to the art you are trying to make, the team will consider it for inclusion.
- We reserve the right to not publish material that is gratuitous without purpose and/or breaches our stated standards or doesn’t fit our ethos.
- As a guide, in terms of video content, we’re looking at content that would not breach BBFC's 18 classification (have a look at what they say here, and work out roughly where your content stands).
2. Use of your content
- By agreeing to submit your content to Open Stage Online, you give Bristol Old Vic the right to display this content on any channel and in any format it deems appropriate for the purposes of the Open Stage Online project.
- You also give Bristol Old Vic the right to make use of your content for promotional purposes in relation to Open Stage Online, Bristol Old Vic At Home and Bristol Old Vic. These purposes may change without warning or seeking your prior permission.
- You permit us to display, edit, reproduce, and promote your content via Open Stage Online and our social media channels – this includes adding our Bristol Old Vic At Home branding to your content. We would not edit your content in a way that changes its fundamental meaning, or misrepresents your work.
- You permit us to use your content to promote our core theatre programme, and other content within Open Stage Online and within Bristol Old Vic At Home.
3. Financial use
- We will not use your content to generate commercial income, though if users wish to donate to Bristol Old Vic as a result of interacting with Open Stage Online, of which your content is a part, Bristol Old Vic will have no obligation to pass on any of that donation to you.
4. Third party use
- We will not grant permission of use of your submitted content to third parties.
- We will never share the files you submit with third-parties.
- The project will be hosted via third party platforms, including YouTube, Facebook(and its related platforms) and Twitter, and we will permit the linking or embedding of your content when hosted on these platforms.
- By submitting your content to Open Stage Online, you agree that you own the content of your submission or have permission to publish it, and your submission does not infringe any other party’s copyright or intellectual property rights.
- Bristol Old Vic takes no responsibility for copyright infringement as a result of your submission.
- Bristol Old Vic will not check on your behalf whether your submission breaches copyright, this is your responsibility.
- If you knowingly submit to us content that infringes the copyright or intellectual property ownership of another party, and we identify it, we will not display it as part of Open Stage Online.
- If we do not identify copyright infringement, but we are informed later, Bristol Old Vic will remove the content and pass any copyright complaint and any subsequent legal business on to you, the submitter.
- If content is identified by YouTube’s ContentID system as owned by another party, who seeks to monetise the content via ContentID, whether we include that content in Open Stage Online is at the discretion of Bristol Old Vic At Home’s team.
6. Your rights
- Your work is your own, and all intellectual rights to it remain yours.
- We are not seeking any commercial gain or profit from your work.
- If we upload your films, we will only host them for the duration of the Open Stage Online project.
- We will not use your content in any other venture unrelated to Open Stage Online or the promotion of Bristol Old Vic.
- You will be credited wherever your content appears on Open Stage Online and on Social Media (except if combined as part of promotional material, where this may not be possible).
7. Other terms and conditions
- Bristol Old Vic reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. If you have submitted to Open Stage Online, you will be informed as to any change to these terms.