The People’s TourLearn about the incredible humans behind our rich history
Inspired by the people, performers and players who have walked the boards through our two-and-a-half-century tenure, learn more about our world-class theatre and the productions that made history.
The People’s Tour combines myth, fact and Bristolian folklore, as our experienced tour guides expertly weave past and present into a thrilling and informative experience. The perfect morning for anyone with an interest in 18th–21st century theatre and the people behind Bristol Old Vic’s rich history.
Spaces regularly included on The People’s Tour:
- The new Bristol Old Vic Foyer
- The Georgian Auditorium, Stage, Gallery, and Pit passages
- The Linbury Paintshop
- The Weston Studio
- Coopers’ Hall
- Comfortable shoes are advised.
- All of our tours have a step-free route for people with access needs. Please advise us at the time of booking if you'd prefer this option by calling 0117 987 7877 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- As a working theatre with ongoing rehearsals and other technical work, there are certain times when parts of the building will be inaccessible. We always endeavour to provide a true behind-the-scenes experience, but it may be necessary for tours to be rescheduled in rare circumstances.
- Please advise your tour guide if you are uncomfortable with heights.
- Venue: Building-wide
- £12 Standard | £10 Open Concession | £15 Pay it Forward
- Approx. 1 hour
- All ages
Please advise your tour guide if you are uncomfortable with heights