The People’s TourLearn about the incredible humans behind our rich history
Inspired by the people, performers and players who have walked the boards through our two-and-a-half-century tenure, learn more about our world-class theatre and the productions that made history.
The People’s Tour combines myth, fact and Bristolian folklore, as our experienced tour guides expertly weave past and present into a thrilling and informative experience. The perfect morning for anyone with an interest in 18th–21st-century theatre and the people behind Bristol Old Vic’s rich history.
A socially distanced experience, our Theatre Tours are designed for small groups or 'bubbles'. In line with the current guidance, we can accommodate a group of up to 6 people from any number of households for each tour.
Spaces regularly included on The People’s Tour:
- The new Bristol Old Vic Foyer
- The Georgian Auditorium, Stage, Gallery, and Pit passages
- The Linbury Paintshop
- The Weston Studio
- Coopers’ Hall
- You must book your tour at least 72 hours beforehand.
- Comfortable shoes are advised.
- All of our tours have a step-free route for people with access needs. Please advise us at the time of booking if you'd prefer this option by calling 0117 987 7877 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- As a working theatre with ongoing rehearsals and other technical work, there are certain times when parts of the building will be inaccessible. We always endeavour to provide a true behind-the-scenes experience, but it may be necessary for tours to be rescheduled in rare circumstances.
- Please advise your tour guide if you are uncomfortable with heights.
- Unless you are exempt we ask that you bring a mask to wear while on your tour for the safety of customers, guides and staff.
- Find out more about how we’re keeping everyone safe at this time here.