Circa: May 1943
By 1943 the Theatre was very dilapidated. Architect J Ralph Edwards worked on fixing and redecorating the Theatre for almost five years.
In that time he raked the Pit, created new seating, removed the bar from the Upper Circle, created a new Box Office, and propped the Dress Circle which was "sinking gracefully into the stalls bar". The auditorium was repainted in green and gold, and the Theatre was ready to raise the curtain on a new era of performance.