Heritage Open Days - Astounding Inventions Tour
This year, as part of the Heritage Open Days Festival, we’re celebrating the cutting-edge creations that make theatre possible and the imaginative inventors behind them.
Our guides will expertly peel back all the layers of our building, from Haworth Tompkins’ innovative renovation of our foyer space in 2018 to the work of the Theatre’s original architects and engineers in the 1760s. For the first time you will also be able to step into the Theatre’s original roof space and view our iconic Thunder Run.
This is the ideal outing for anyone interested in the technical innovations which have kept our theatre open for the people of Bristol and beyond for more than 250 years.
Spaces included on the tour:
- The Georgian Auditorium, Stage, Gallery, and Pit passages
- The Linbury Paintshop
- Coopers’ Hall
- The roof space
- You must book your tour at least 72 hours beforehand.
- Comfortable shoes are advised.
- All of our tours have a step-free route for people with access needs. Please advise us at the time of booking if you'd prefer this option by calling 0117 987 7877 or emailing email@example.com.
- Please advise your tour guide if you are uncomfortable with heights.