The Thunder Run ExperienceHear the theatrical thunder roar, just as it did 250 years ago
Ever wondered how eighteenth-century sound technicians conjured thunder above the heads of our very first audiences?
Witness the running of the oldest Thunder Run in the country as – just as they did 250 years ago – our technicians unleash the roar of thunder throughout the auditorium. A unique experience for theatre fanatics and thrill-seekers alike.
A socially distanced experience, our Theatre Tours are designed for small groups or 'bubbles'. In line with the current guidance, we can accommodate a group of up to 6 people from any number of households for each tour.
Spaces regularly included on The Thunder Run Experience:
- The new Bristol Old Vic foyer
- The Georgian Auditorium and Stage
- The original theatre roof space and Thunder Run
- Plus hear the Thunder Run in action!
- You must book your tour at least 72 hours beforehand.
- Comfortable shoes are advised.
- All of our tours have a step-free route for people with access needs. Please advise us at the time of booking if you'd prefer this option by calling 0117 987 7877 or emailing email@example.com
- As a working theatre with ongoing rehearsals and other technical work, there are certain times when parts of the building will be inaccessible. We always endeavour to provide a true behind-the-scenes experience, but it may be necessary for tours to be rescheduled in rare circumstances.
- Please advise your tour guide if you are uncomfortable with heights.
- Unless you are exempt we ask that you bring a mask to wear while on your tour for the safety of customers, guides and staff.
- Find out more about how we’re keeping everyone safe at this time here.