Character ToursBook for the whole family
Get ready for a tour like no other. Running on Saturdays this Aug, explore the amazing story of Bristol Old Vic and meet some of its best-known characters.
On your journey through time, see some of the most hidden nooks and crannies of our theatre, delve into little-known backstage areas, and discover some unexpected tales from Bristol Old Vic's 254 year history.
Our character tours take inspiration from the most exciting parts of Bristol Old Vic’s story as professional actors bring the last two centuries vividly to life. This socially-distanced experience is designed for family groups or 'bubbles', and we can only accommodate one group per booking. Groups can be any size up to a maximum of 20 people.
- You must book your tour at least 72 hours beforehand.
- Comfortable shoes advised
- Whilst every effort has been made to make this tour accessible, certain areas can only be accessed via steps
- As a working theatre with ongoing rehearsals and other technical work, there are certain times when parts of the building will be inaccessible. We always endeavour to provide a true behind-the-scenes experience, but in rare circumstances it may be necessary for tours to be rescheduled.
- Unless you are exempt we ask that you bring a mask to wear while on your tour for the safety of customers, guides and staff.
- Find out more about how we're keeping everyone safe at this time here.