Theatre ToursBook for the whole family
Combining myth, fact and Bristolian folklore, our Theatre Tours expertly weave past and present into a thrilling and informative experience.
Gain an in-depth knowledge of Bristol Old Vic’s two-and-a-half-century history with one of our experienced tour guides who know our story inside-out: from the origin of the Georgian theatre’s design, to intricate details of our 2018 renovation.
Running every Wednesday (and some Saturdays) at 10am and 11am, this is the perfect outing for anyone interested in theatre and Bristol Old Vic’s rich story. A socially-distanced experience, our Theatre Tours are designed for family groups or 'bubbles', and we can only accommodate one group per booking. Groups can be any size up to a maximum of 20 people.
- You must book your tour at least 72 hours beforehand.
- Comfortable shoes advised
- Whilst every effort has been made to make this tour accessible, certain areas can only be accessed via steps
- As a working theatre with ongoing rehearsals and other technical work, there are certain times when parts of the building will be inaccessible. We always endeavour to provide a true behind-the-scenes experience, but in rare circumstances it may be necessary for tours to be rescheduled.
- Please advise your tour guide if you are uncomfortable with heights
- Unless you are exempt we ask that you bring a mask to wear while on your tour for the safety of customers, guides and staff.
- Find out more about how we're keeping everyone safe at this time here.