If you have already purchased a ticket, click here for information.
Explore the Georgian auditorium, working Paintshop, Weston Studio, historic Coopers’ Hall and more, on one of our Theatre Tours
Combining myth, fact and Bristolian folklore, our Theatre Tours expertly weave past and present into a thrilling and informative experience. Gain an in-depth knowledge of Bristol Old Vic’s two-and-a-half-century history with one of our experienced tour guides: from the origin of the Georgian theatre’s design, to details of our 2018 renovation.
The perfect morning for anyone with an interest in 18th or 19th Century theatre, architecture and Bristol Old Vic’s rich history.
- Thursdays and Saturdays at 10:30am
- Tours are approximately 60 minutes
- Comfortable shoes advised
Please advise your tour guide if you are uncomfortable with heights
Spaces regularly included on the tour:
- The new Bristol Old Vic foyer
- The Georgian Auditorium, Stage, Gallery, and Pit passages
- The Paintshop and Paint Frame
- The Weston Studio
- Coopers’ Hall
- Audio Enhancement via a headset of the loop system is available
- Our Tour script can be requested in advance or on the day
- The Tour includes steps, and whilst every effort has been made to make this tour accessible, the gallery can only be accessed via steps
As a working theatre with ongoing performances, rehearsals, and other technical work, there are certain times when parts of the building will be inaccessible. We do not schedule tours during busy periods, and are committed to providing as much behind-the-scenes access as possible. In rare circumstances it may be necessary for tours to be rescheduled.
- Venue: Theatre