Become a Champion
As a Bristol Old Vic Champion, you will be provided in-depth insight into whichever area of our work you choose to support, so you can experience the impact of your donation first-hand. With regular round-ups, you will be the first to know about all our creative developments.
Champion support starts at £5,000 per annum, and we ask that supporters pledge for 5 years.
Which Champion are you?
Click the links to explore which one best suits you.
Future Talent Champion
Support incredible talent from all walks of life
Artists are the lifeblood of our theatre, and those all over the country. We are dedicated to supporting incredible talent from all walks of life. We want to strengthen the opportunities in Bristol to create a clear path for artists to find work at Bristol Old Vic, in the city, and beyond.
As a Future Talent Champion, you will help us:
- Showcase the very best of new writing through our open call-out for West Country writers, the Open Session
- Support emerging talent through Ferment so artists can develop their vision with the support of professional theatre-makers and the space to explore
- Give professional debuts to up-and-coming actors from the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School through our Peter O’Toole Prize
By becoming a Future Talent Champion, you can gain insight into all that we do to support the brightest emerging talent and the boldest new ideas, from invitations to early works-in-progress to opportunities to meet the artists we work with.
Creative Opportunity Champion
Promote the transformative power of theatre
Whether it’s a child’s first visit to the theatre, or that initial exhilarating taste of performing, we understand the transformative power of theatre. We are ambitious in upscaling our work, as we know that participation in theatre can improve confidence, communication skills and self-expression, as well as encourage personal reflection and deeper social engagement.
As a Creative Opportunity Champion, you will help:
- Young theatre-makers have life-changing opportunities by taking part in our Young Company and receive expert training through Made In Bristol
- Relaunch our Young Company: City programme, so that young people can join a youth theatre in their own neighbourhood
- Grow our Young Six Six project, which offers pathways into theatre for young people who may have not considered it before
- Protect participation opportunities for the most vulnerable members of our society and keep projects like Oi Polloi working with those who have experienced homelessness
- Keep prices low and ensure our performances are as accessible as possible
- Create bespoke projects which tackle some of the most urgent challenges our city faces, and during this crisis make sure that we continue to create work with families and those who are most isolated and vulnerable.
By being a Creative Opportunity Champion, you can share in the journey every single one of our participants takes with invitations to workshops and performance, and be the first to know about our bespoke projects with key delivery partners across the city.
Artistic Innovation Champion
Help us create the theatre of tomorrow, today
Our work showcases ground-breaking theatre, from exciting new pieces of writing to revered classics, created by outrageously talented artists of global stature and emerging brilliance.
With your support as Artistic Innovation Champion, we can:
- Dare to challenge what theatre can look and feel like, through productions like the critically-acclaimed Touching the Void, and the Olivier Award-winning A Monster Calls
- Foster creative partnerships with some of the most inventive theatre companies in the South West and nationally, including Emma Rice’s Wise Children
- Challenge ourselves to redefine how we make theatre in line with our aspirations as a society, such as working towards carbon-neutrality for our planned future production of The Little Mermaid.
By being an Artistic Innovation Champion, you get to be a part of the creative journeys that see incredible new productions come to life; whether it’s getting a first-look at the design of a show through private model-box viewings, or exclusive opportunities to attend rehearsals.